There is a lot of suffering going on in the USA right now as the bottom falls out of their financial markets, people loose their jobs and homes and many go without. I am sure there is much pain and much worry. So many have placed their hope in investments, jobs, savings…and with little notice they are gone.
And yet, North America is so blessed in so many ways. We live in homes 10 X bigger than really needed, have fast food restaurants on every corner, 24 hr shopping. It hurts when all these comforts are disrupted. It brings strife into our lives because our comforts and routines are in upheaval.
So today I want to continue my Gratitude List and remind myself of the gifts He gives me every day.
91. Electricity – right now I have light to see the keyboard and my computer is running so I can share with you my gratitude for the gifts He gives me daily. The electricity flows into my house without interruption.
92. Clothes on my back – I have several changes of clothes and I have a washer and dryer to wash them. If I don’t make a glutton of myself I can wear these clothes for months and months -even years. I have more than one pair of shoes. I have winter boots to protect my feet from the cold.
93. I have clean air to breath. It is good everywhere I go – the air – it keeps my red blood cells busy delivering O2 to all my cells. I am breathing, which means I am alive and He has more He wants me to do before He calls me home.I am needed by my Savior.
94. There were leftovers in the fridge when I got home from work tonight – that means that there was an abundance of food at our last meal. There are enough leftovers in the fridge for several more meals and after that a pot of soup. Yes food is plenty – good food!Food that keeps me healthy.
95. I am thankful that I know how to read. I can pick up the Word of God and read it! I grew up in a country that allowed/mandated that I receive an education. I grew up with parents that valued an education and provided it.
96. I am thankful that the Lord saw fit to provide me with a husband who knows and loves Him. He could have just saved one of us…but He didn’t. He saved both of us.
97. I have clean, drinkable water that comes right into my home. As a matter of fact, there are ten taps in this house that can give me clean, drinkable water at any moment. There are also ten taps that can give me hot water to wash my clothes, my dishes, my floors and my body.
98. My garbage gets picked up every week. I just put it on the curb and it gets picked up. This keeps my community and home germ free and fresh.
99. I am healthy and when I am not well I have doctors and specialists and medical experts and medicines available to me usually within a day or two.
100. I have a telephone and although my husband is almost 1000 kms away from me right now, I can call him if I need to and hear his sweet voice tell me he loves me. I am blessed.
Oh my God, Thou fairest, greatest, first of all objects, my heart admires, adores, loves thee, my little vessel is as full as it can be, and I would pour out all that fullness before thee in ceaseless flow.
-The Valley of Vision